Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices
Electronic devices such as smart phones, laptops and tablets are strictly prohibited within the Clubhouse. All devices must be on silent when entering the Clubhouse and kept in a pocket or purse. No devices may be left out on tables or bars. Electronic devices may be used in the patios surrounding the Clubhouse, the Junior Room, the Exercise Room (with headphones) and the Library (to read). Devices are also permitted while in business meetings so long as it is confined to that room. Cell phones may be used as a camera.
Dress Code in the Grill Room and Trophy Lounge
Casual attire. Shorts, t-shirts and denim are allowed. Flip flops are allowed before 1800 hours.
Dress Code in the Main Dining Room
Jackets are required for gentlemen and comparable dress for ladies.
Dress Code in the Clippership Lounge
No shorts, t-shirts, or sports wear. No flip-flops. Denim is allowed.
Notes on the Dress Code
- Members are responsible for informing their guests about the Club's dress code and for encouraging their compliance.
- Dress becomes more formal later in the day. After 6:00pm, gentlemen are strongly encouraged to wear jackets.
- Never permitted anywhere in the Clubhouse except en route to and in the locker rooms are: tank tops, cut-offs, wetsuits, foul weather gear, dirty work clothing, bathing suits or wet clothing. Shorts are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Clippserhip.
- Gentlemen are not permitted to wear hats in the Clubhouse.
Yachting Attire (requested at various Club events)
- For yachtsmen: Navy blue jacket, long-sleeved, button-down shirt, Club tie, blazer crest or lapel pin
- For yachtswomen: Navy blue jacket, long-sleeved, button-down shirt, Club ladies' scarf, blazer crest or lapel pin
Restricted Use Days
Guest privileges will be limited on restricted use days, including Opening Day On The Bay, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Big Boat race days, Fleet Weekend, America's Cup. On restricted use days no guest will be admitted without an accompanying member and the number of guests that may accompany each member is limited to four.
Refusal of Admission
The Board of Directors reserves the right to refuse admission to the San Francisco Clubhouse to any person.
Persons Under Eighteen Years Old
A person under eighteen (18) years old, other than a member, shall be allowed entry to rooms in the Clubhouse only when accompanied by and kept under the close supervision of a responsible adult. The length of time and the places that may be occupied in the Clubhouse by these persons shall be left to the discretion of the House Committee.