In keeping with our tradition of primitive elegance on Tinsley Island, please be aware that a certain amount of self-sufficiency is necessary when you visit.
Provided for your Convenience
In the Lighthouse, Captain’s Quarters, First Mate’s Quarters and Houseboat:
- Bath towels
- Bath soap
- Kitchen with appliances, pots and pans, cutlery, dishware, etc.
In the Bunkhouses
- Bath soap
- Communal refrigerator
Wifi covers the Island; however, as the Island is remote, connectivity varies.
Please Bring from Home
- Food, drinks, provisions
- Bath and pool towels
- Hair dryers
- Table decorations
- Plates, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils, pots and pans (if you’re planning to cook around the barbecue)
- Soap and sponges
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Sleeping bag and pillow (for houseboat and bunkhouses)
Rules to Know
- Pets are not permitted in any Island accommodations.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices are allowed on Tinsley, except for your boat or sleeping location.
- All visitors are permitted to climb to the Lighthouse Tower and savor the views of the Delta, provided this is done during daylight hours and in a manner that respects the privacy of those using the Lighthouse as their home away from home. Common courtesy dictates that children may not visit without an adult and all who visit the tower should do so quietly and respectfully.